Bhubaneswar ,13.02.2018 (By Prasant Kumar Bhuyan ) A video conferencing was taken by DGP, Odisha today on dtd 13.02.2018 which was attended by all SsP/ DCsP, Commissioner of Police and all Range IsG/DIsG along with all Staff Officers of State Police Headquarters. DGP took a thorough review of Law & Order of the State and exhorted them to take leadership from the front with right anticipation and timely intervention in order to prevent emerging law and order situation. They were sensitized to gear up their intelligence channels to know things ahead of happenings for proactive intervention. DGP emphasizes on better inter-departmental coordination as well as earning good will of various segments of public. The SsP have been advised to put in place sufficient & adequate response system to respond immediately and proactively to any situation. CP and Range IsG/DIsG have been advised to properly guide and monitor the functioning of SsP/DCsP and also actively participate in the response system along with district SsP. During video conferencing DGP has instructed to focus on certain key areas over next thirty days as a special drive, which are:
1. Arrest of wanted criminals of specific cases.
2. Massive drive in execution of pending NBWs.
3. Steps for early closure of cases involving criminals and anti-socials.
4. Maintenance of dossiers of active anti-socials and criminals and take steps to book them under various preventive sections of law i.e. 107/110 CrPC.
5. In appropriate cases hardened anti-socials and criminals should be detained under NSA.
6. Stringent actions must be taken against mafias/players of organized crimes like, transport mafia, drugs peddlers, procurement and supply of illegal arms and tender mafias and provide full assistance to Revenue & other Govt. authorities to curb illegal stone quarry, illegal sand lifting & timber mafias. A review shall be held on the performances of the district SsP and DCsP after 30 days i.e. 15th of March, 2018.