TRAIN RELATED IMPORTANT INFORMATION:: UPDATES ON RESTORATION WORK OF TRAIN DERAILMENT:
Bhubaneswar Dt. 24.11.2017 (Prasanta Kumar Bhuyan)- A Goods Train carrying imported coal from Paradeep heading for Bandhadihi of Adra Division under South Eastern Railway derailed inbetween Goraknath- Raghunathpur of Paradeep –Cuttack Brach line section. As a result, 14 loaded wagons derailed on down line. UP line is free for the movement of Trains. There is no casualty in the accident in terms of human injury/death.
Important information is summarised below:
- One Line out of two lines is free for passage of trains.
- Restoration of affected line is expected by tomorrow. Relief trains ordered from Bhadrak, Khurda Road and Sambalpur The site of the accident spot is about 45 kms from Cuttack and about 38 kms from Paradeep.
- About 12 wagons are in tilted/capsized position. These will be handled by crane.
- General Manager Sri Umesh Singh has ordered to set up an enquiry committee and submit a detailed report. The Enquiry committee will be set up under the guidance of the Chief Safety Officer, East Coast Railway and will consist of a team of four Dy.Chief Safety Officers pertaining to Electrical/Mechanical/Signal and Traffic branches.
- All aspects of the accident, circumstances and reasons, including fixing up of clear responsibility for the accident, is to be mentioned in the enquiry report.
- DRM/KHURDA ROAD Sri Braj Mohan Agarwal has already reached the site. He has inspected the total damages to the wagons and the track. After detailed site inspection, it is reported from site that 12 of the 14 wagons will be thrown off the track with the help of cranes. 2 wagons will be re-railed on the track.
- Additional DRM/Sri S. P. Dwevedi is also available at site. Officers from Khurda Road Division concerned to Track/wagons/Signal and Safety departments have also reached the site.
- Restoration of Track is under progress
CANCELLATION OF TRAINS:
Due to the derailment between Gorakhnath and Raghunathpur following Trains have been cancelled on date:
- 58406/58405,58535/58536-Paradip – Cuttack-Paradip passenger.
- 18413-Paradip -Puri Express.
- 18414-Puri-Patradip Exp has been short terminated at Cuttack today.