List of Private Hospitals and Nursing Home allotted land at highly subsidised price are legally required to provide free treatment to the people of BPL category.
- They are legally required to provide free treatment to the poor people.
- It is seen that most of the private Hospitals ad Nursing Homes are acting as ruthless business man and exploiting people at any rate in the name of providing treatment.
- Each Private Hospital and Nursing Home will display publicly regarding the free medical facilities provided in both English and Odiya language in a most prominent place of the hospital for viewing of the patients and public
- Time has come to monitor their activities and quantum of free treatment provided by them to the poor patients free of cost.
- RTI can be used extensively to monitor their activities.
- Appeal to all readers to monitor the performance of Private Hospitals and Nursing Home in the interest of the people of Odisha.
While adjudicating SLP (C) No. 18599 of 2007, the hon’ble Supreme Court has given direction that “ 25% OPD and 10% IPD patients have to be given treatment free of cost. The said patients should not be charged anything. But that will not come in the way of the concerned hospital taking its own arrangement for meeting the treatment / medicines cost either by meeting the costs from its funds or resources or by way of sponsorship or endowments or donations.Keeping it in view, the State Govt. in Health and Family Welfare issued Notification dated 24.7.16 that all the private Hospitals and Nursing Home to whom the Govt. land has been provided in highly subsidised rates will abide the following terms and conditions
- 25% of the out patients department ( OPD) and 10% of the inpatients department (IPD) , in all category of patients , belonging to BPL category must be provided with free treatment.
- They are to submit monthly return of the hospitals regarding above in the prescribed format to the DMET, Odisha / DHS(0) as the case may be positively by 10th of every month.
- If any hospital / nursing home fails to comply the above stipulations, the same shall be viewed seriously and action as deemed proper will be initiated for anellation of NOC as well as allotment of land.
- All the above hospitals shall display regarding the free medical facilities provided as per item No.-1 above in both English and Odiya language in a most prominent place of the hospital for viewing of the patients and public.
|Sl.No||Name of Allottee||Purpose||Area allotted||Mouza||Year of allotment||Premium ( in Rs. )|
|1||KIIT||KIMS /MCH||Ac.26.970||Patia, Bhubaneswar||2005 & 2006||Not provided by PIO|
|2||Apollo Hospital Pvt. Ltd.||Hospital||Ac. 4.000||Samantapuri, Bhubaneswar||2006||1,40,00,000,00|
|Apollo Hospital Pvt. Ltd.||Hospital||Ac. 3.500||Samantapuri, Bhubaneswar||2006||35,00,000.00|
|3||Bombay Cardiovascular Surgical Pvt. Ltd.||Hospital||Ac. 2.872||Chandrasekhar Pur||2005||71,80,000.00|
|Bombay Cardiovascular Surgical Pvt. Ltd. ( additional land)||Hospital||Ac. 3.600||Chandrasekhar Pur||2006||25,00,000.00|
|Bombay Cardiovascular Surgical Pvt.Ltd. ( Additional land )Locked up in SLP in Supreme Court of India)||Hospital||Ac. 4.160||Chandrasekhar Pur||2008||25,00,000.00|
|4||SUM Hospital||IMS, SUM MCH||Ac. 15.000||Ghatikia, Bhubaneswar||2006||Not provided by PIO|
|5||Dr. G.P. Mahalik||Nursing Home||Ac. 0.101||Saheed Nagar||1985||11,363.00|
|6||M/s Holistic Health||DO||Ac. 0.157||Paika Nagar||1985||7,575.00|
|7||Dr. Anapura Devi||Nursing Home||Ac. 0.145||Laxmisagar Bhubaneswar||1981||10,842.00|
|8||Kalinga Hospital Pvt. Limited||Hospital||Ac. 10.000||Jayadev Vihar||1991||20,00,000.00|
|9||Dr. Jyoti Routray||Nursing Home||Ac. 0.124||Kharavela Nagar||1983||61,984.00|
|10||Rajadhani Nursing Home||Nursing Home||Ac. 0. 300||Saheed Nagar||1982||16,060.61|
|11||Dr. D.N.Mohapatra||DO||Ac. 0.128||Paika Nagar||1985||9,641.00|
|12||Deepak Nursing Home||Nursing Home||Ac. o.151||Saheed Nagar||1985||11,363.00|
|13||Dr. Jaganath Mohanty||DO||Ac. 0. 086||Jayadev Vihar||1985||6,456.60|
|14||Dr. Sushil Kumar Prusty||DO||Ac. 0.103||Kharavela Nagar||1991||51,653.00|
|15||Dr. P.K.Patnaik||DO||Ac. 0.124||Jayadev Vihar||1986||9,297.55|
|16||Dr. S.B.Mohanty||DO||Ac. 0.106||Jayadev Vihar||1986||8006.20|
|17||Dr. P. C.Pradhan||DO||Ac. 0.123||Chandar Sekhar Pur||1987||9,297.55|
|18||Dr. Sashi Sekhar Kar||DO||Ac. 0.260||Bhoumya Nagar||1987||19,524.00|
|19||Labela Electrolysis Clinic||Clinic||Ac. 0.124||Kharavela Nagar||1987||61,984.00|
|20||Dr. B.B.Sahu||Nursing Home||Ac. 0.115||Jayadev Vihar||1992||3,45,000.00|
|21||Lions Club||Eye Hospital||Ac. 0.261||Jayadev Vihar||1998||1,91,736.00|
|22||Sun Hospital Pvt. Ltd.||Hospital||Ac. 2.320||Jayadev Vihar||1998||1,16,00,000.00|
|23||M/s Usthi Foundation Ltd.||Hospital||Ac. 0.138||Jayadev Vihar||1998||2,76,000.00|
|24||Santa Memorial Spinal Cord Injury Centre||Rehabilitation Centre||Ac. 1.992||Jayadev Vihar||1999||Free of premium|
|25||Medirad Tech India Ltd.||Cancer Hospital and Research centre||Ac. 2.426||Jayadev Vihar||2000||12,13,000.00|
|Medirad Tech India Ltd. ( Additional land)||DO||Ac. 0.168||Chandrasekhar Pur||2005||4,23,324.00|
|26||M/s Swarna Hospital Pvt. Ltd.||Nursing Home||92’ x 105’||DO||2005||16,63,223.00|
|27||Sri Sri Thakur Anugul Chandra Charitable Trust||Charitable Hospital||Ac. 2.000||DO||2004||50,00,000.00|
|28||Bhubaneswar Eye Research Institute|