Inter State Council (ISC) and Standing Committee of ISC Reconstituted
The Government has reconstituted the Inter State Council (ISC) and the Standing Committee of the Inter State Council under Clause 2 of the Inter State Council order,1990.The Prime Minister has approved the following composition of the Inter State Council.
Shri Narendra Modi Prime Minister
(i) Chief Ministers of all States.
(ii) Chief Ministers of Union Territories having a Legislative Assembly and Administrators of Union Territories not having Legislative Assembly.
Six Union Ministers
- a) Shri Rajnath Singh Minister of Home Affairs
- b) Smt.Sushma Swaraj Minister of External Affairs
- c) Shri Arun Jaitley Minister of Finance, Corporate Affairs
- d) Shri M.Venkaiah Naidu Minister of Urban Development,
Housing & Urban Poverty Alleviation and Information & Broadcasting
- e) Shri Nitin Jairam Gadkari Minister of Road Transport & Highways and Shipping
- f) Shri Manohar Parrikar Minister of Defence.
Union Cabinet Ministers/Minister of State (Independent charge) as Permanent invitees.
- a) Shri Suresh Prabhu Minister of Railways
- b) Shri Ramvilas Paswan Minister of Consumer Affairs, Food and
- c) Shri Ravi Shankar Prasad Minister of Law & Justice and
Electronics & Information Technology
- d) Smt.Harsimrat Kaur Badal Minister of Food Processing Industries
- e) Shri Jual Oram Minister of Tribal Affairs
- f) Shri Thaawar Chand Gehlot Minister of Social Justice & Empowerment
- g) Shri Prakash Javadekar Minister of Human Resource Development
- h) Shri Dharmendra Pradhan Minister of State(IC) for Petroleum and Natural Gas
- i) Shri Piyush Goyal Minister of State(IC) for Power, Coal, Mines and New and Renewable Energy.
- j) Smt.Nirmala Sitharaman Minister of State(IC) for Commerce and Industry
The Prime Minister has also approved the following composition of the Standing Committee of the Inter State Council.
Shri Rajnath Singh Minister of Home Affairs
(i) Smt. Sushma Swaraj Minister of External Affairs
(ii) Shri Arun Jaitley Minister of Finance & Corporate Affairs
(iii) Shri M. Venkaiah Naidu Minister of Urban Development, Housing & Urban Poverty Alleviation & Information & Broadcasting
(iv) Shri Nitin Jairam Gadkari Minister of Road Transport & Highways and Shipping
(v) Chief Minister, Andhra Pradesh
(vi) Chief Minister, Punjab
(vii) Chief Minister, Chattisgarh
(viii) Chief Minister, Tripura
(ix) Chief Minister, Odisha
(x) Chief Minister, Rajasthan
(xi) Chief Minister, Uttar Pradesh
The Standing Committee will:
(i) have continuous consultation and process matters for consideration of the Council;
(ii) process all matters pertaining to Centre State Relations before they are taken up for consideration in the Inter-State Council.
(iii) monitor the implementation of decisions taken on the recommendations of the Council; and
(iv) consider any other matter referred to it by the Chairman/Council. The Standing Committee may, if necessary, invite experts and persons eminent in specific fields to have the benefit of their views while deliberation upon the related subjects.