NEW THRUST AND DIRECTION TO ECoR: NEW POSSITIVE DEVELOPMENTAL NEWS
Sambalpur,9th June 2015:- (By Jasvir Singh) New thrust & directions are visible in the working of East Coast Railway and a number of positive developments have taken place recently. General Manager, east Coast Railway Shri Rajiv Vishnoi has highlighted a few important developmental works.
- It is hereby officially announced that the work of laying of the double line between Sakhigopal-Puri is complete.
The Commissioner Railway Safety has been invited to inspect the new line for his certification before a passenger train is run on the section.
- The Brundamal-Lapanga single line stretch has also been doubled-thereby the entire stretch between Sambalpur-Jharsuguda Road is now working on double line. All formalities in this connection are over and trains are being run accordingly. This is being done since last week of May 2015.
- For Nabakalebar 2015- a number of activities are under progress–.
A Large Tourist Complex which will be able to accommodate large number of Pilgrims will be ready by end of June 2015.
O2 New Platforms at Puri and two new Platforms at Bhubaneswar are also expected to be ready by June end.
- The Khurda Road-Begunia new line is ready for opening on any day from now onwards. Work between Begunia-Sunakhala is also likely to be over by September, 2015.
- The whole of East Coast Railway undertook a massive Customer and Passenger Facilitation Fortnight between 26th May to 9th June 2015.
The highlights of the Customers Fortnight are as per following:
- High level Railway officers including General Manager interacted with Rail passengers of General, Sleeper & AC Class during their journey to get feedback and constructive suggestions for improvement of Rail services.
- Railway officials have interacted with Public Representatives (MPs, MLAs etc.), State Govt. officials etc. to discuss development of Railways as well as local areas.
- Art Camps, Nukkad Natak were organized to make the Rail users aware about importance of cleanliness and safety. Hon’ble Minister for Railways Shri Suresh Prabhakar Prabhu himself came to East Coast Railway at Visakhapatnam to encourage Railwaymen and Rail Users about “Swachch Rail, Swachch Bharat”.
- Regular Vigilance checks at PRS, Booking Office, in Trains were done during the whole of the Pakhwada to curb activities of Touts.
- Special Passenger Awareness and security Drives by RPF personnel with the help of GRP were organised throughout the Railyatri Upbhokta Pakhwada.
- Massive Tree Plantation was done all over Railway premises, near stations and in Railway colonies as a part of Railyatri Upbhokta Pakhwada.
- Four nos. of Yoga Camps were organised over East Coast Railway on daily basis. One Ayurveda camp was also organised.
- To promote skill development activities, hundreds of local unemployed youths were trained over different workshops of ECoR.
- Intensive Ticket Checking drive was organised. Many officers and supervisors participated in the drive to curb ticketless travelling.
- During the period more than 5000 passengers were interacted with directly by Senior Railway Officers including General Manager, whereby constructive suggestions were received to improve the passengers amenities. Similarly, about 350 inspections were organised by high level Railway officials for improvement in passenger amenities, 83 intensive checks of catering services and 71 punctuality drives were conducted to improve the facilities and train services in East Coast Railway jurisdiction.